Oklahoma’s Largest Fantasy and Science Fiction Art Gallery
The Soonercon Art Show is one of the largest fantasy- and sci-fi-themed art exhibits in the Southwest.
Our gallery is open throughout the convention and features pieces from some of America’s most talented science fiction and fantasy artists. You’ll be able to view and purchase paintings, sculptures, digital manipulations, jewelry, prints, pottery, and much more.
Silent Auction, Live Auction, and Buy It Now
All art displayed in the Art Show is available for purchase in our silent auction with some artwork having a “buy it now” price. Pieces that receive the minimum number of bids go to a live auction on Saturday evening. Winning bidders may pick up auction items on Sunday.
(plus processing fee)
- Ideal for displaying 3D art like pottery, sculptures, etc.
- One 4ft wide x 2ft deep x 1ft high shelf.
- Shelves are individually lit.
- See an example of a shelf here.
(plus processing fee)
- Ideal for hanging originals and prints.
- 7ft tall x 2ft wide.
- Artists who request more than one panel will have panels displayed together where possible. Most panels are in a 4ft wide configuration (two panels side-by-side).
$10 / $5
(plus processing fee)
- Include your prints in the Print Shop display area for shoppers to browse.
- Artists who purchase a grid or shelf space can purchase print shop space for just $5.
There is no cost to apply for space. Here’s how it works:
There are three options for artists wishing to display work in our Art Show. Shelf space is ideal for 3D art that would be displayed on a flat surface. Grid Panels are for hanging 2D or flat-backed art (originals and prints). Print Shop is for including your prints in the Art Show’s Print Shop display area with other artists.
- Click Apply for Space above. You can apply for any or all three show options. Applying does not guarantee a reservation of space at the convention.
- Fill in all requested information on the application form.
- Check your email regularly. If your application is accepted, you’ll receive an email outlining the reservation process and a link to pay for space. If you do not complete the steps outlined in the approval email within 14 days, your spot cannot be guaranteed and will become available for other artists to reserve.
Artists are expected to provide information for all artwork they plan to bring to Soonercon at least 10 days before the convention. The Art Show staff reserves the right to charge an additional $25 at the show to any artist who fails to provide artwork information before the deadline. Additionally, Soonercon collects a 15% commission on all sold artwork.
Approvals will be prioritized using the following criteria:
- Overall variety of exhibitor offerings
- Programming guests
- Space availability
What’s the difference between Artist Alley, the Art Show, and Club tables?
The Art Show (what this page is all about) is an art gallery. Artists display their artwork and all sales transactions are handled by Soonercon staff and volunteers. The Artists get to enjoy their weekend and pick up any unsold artwork on Sunday. There is also a Mail In option for Artists who are not able to attend Soonercon themselves. Additionally, pieces that get enough bids in the Silent Auction by Saturday afternoon go to the Live Art Auction on Saturday evening conducted by Soonercon staff.
The Artist Alley consists of tables lining the hallways of the main conference space. Artist Alley tables are ideal for networking, taking commissions, selling prints, trinkets, and more. Space in Artist Alley is intended for individual artists and writers. Two memberships are included with table purchase. Although the Artist Alley closes on Friday evening and Saturday evening, it is located in the main hallways and accessible during the full convention hours. Artists are encouraged to tarp their tables and secure their art during evening hours. Check out the Soonercon Artist Alley page for more info.
Club tables are intended for clubs, organizations, and conventions – not individuals. Club space is located in the Exhibitor Hall. Sales and fundraisers at Club tables are prohibited without prior written permission from our club coordinator. Check out the Clubs page for more info.