Oklahoma’s Largest Fantasy and Science Fiction Art Gallery
At over 3,800 square feet, the SoonerCon Art Show is one of the largest fantasy- and sci-fi-themed art exhibits in the Southwest.
Our gallery is open throughout the convention and features pieces from some of America’s most talented science fiction and fantasy artists. You’ll be able to view and purchase paintings, sculptures, digital manipulations, jewelry, prints, pottery, and much more.
Silent Auction, Live Auction, and Artist Reception
All art displayed in the Art Show is available for purchase in our silent auction with some artwork having a buy it now price. Pieces that receive the minimum number of bids go to a live auction on Saturday evening. Winning bidders may pick up auction items on Sunday.
The Friday night Art Reception gives convention attendees the opportunity to meet the artists and browse their work in a gallery setting.
Applying for Space in the Art Show
(plus processing fee)
- Ideal for displaying 3D art like pottery, sculptures, etc.
- One 6ft table.
(plus processing fee)
- Ideal for hanging originals and prints.
- 7ft tall x 2ft wide.
- Artists who request more than one panel will have panels displayed together where possible. Most panels are in a 4ft wide configuration (two panels side-by-side).
$10 / $5
(plus processing fee)
- Include your prints in the Print Shop display area for shoppers to browse.
- Artists who purchase a grid or table space can purchase print shop space for just $5.
There is no cost to apply for space. Here’s how it works:
There are three options for artists wishing to display work in our Art Show. Table space is ideal for 3D art that would be displayed on a flat surface. Grid Panels are for hanging 2D or flat-backed art (originals and prints). Print Shop is for including your prints in the Art Show’s Print Shop display area with other artists.
- Click Apply for Space above. You can apply for any or all three show options. Applying does not guarantee a reservation of space at the convention.
- Fill in all requested information on the application form.
- Check your email regularly. If your application is accepted, you’ll receive an email outlining the reservation process and a link to pay for space. If you do not complete the steps outlined in the approval email within 14 days, your spot cannot be guaranteed and will become available for other artists to reserve.
Artists are expected to provide information for all artwork they plan to bring to SoonerCon at least 10 days before the convention. The Art Show staff reserves the right to charge an additional $25 at the show to any artist who fails to provide artwork information before the deadline. Additionally, SoonerCon collects a 15% commission on all sold artwork.
Approvals will be prioritized using the following criteria:
- Order of Submission
- Returning Artists in Good Standing
- Programming Guests
- Art Show Variety
What’s the difference between Artist Alley, the Art Show, and Club tables?
The Art Show (what this page is all about) is an art gallery. Artists display their artwork and all sales transactions are handled by SoonerCon staff and volunteers. The Artists get to enjoy their weekend and pick up any unsold artwork on Sunday. There is also a Mail In option for Artists who are not able to attend SoonerCon themselves. Additionally, pieces that get enough bids in the Silent Auction by Saturday afternoon go to the Live Art Auction on Saturday evening conducted by SoonerCon staff. Artists who have a Friday or Weekend Membership to SoonerCon will have the opportunity to meet potential buyers at the Art Reception on Friday evening.
The Artist Alley consists of approximately 60 tables lining the hallways of the main conference space. Artist Alley tables are ideal for networking, taking commissions, and selling prints. Space in Artist Alley is intended for individual artists and writers and one weekend membership is included with table purchase. One additional weekend membership may be purchased at a discounted rate at the same time an Artist Alley table is purchased. Although the Artist Alley closes on Friday evening and Saturday evening, it is located in the main hallways and accessible during the full convention hours. Artists are encouraged to tarp their tables and secure their art during evening hours. Check out the SoonerCon Artist Alley page for more info.
Club tables are intended for clubs, organizations, and conventions – not individuals. Club space is located in the Exhibitor Hall. Sales and fundraisers at Club tables are prohibited without prior written permission from our club coordinator. Check out the Clubs page for more info.