Volunteer at SoonerCon
What Do Volunteers Do at SoonerCon?
SoonerCon is a large event and takes a lot of people to run. Volunteer positions can include greeting people and checking badges, helping run register at the art show, loading and unloading convention materials, a/v setup, or a variety of other simple or specialized tasks. After you have completed your background check, we will send you a link to our volunteer management system where you can pick the jobs and shifts that work best for you.
SoonerCon is run entirely by volunteers and would not be possible without the effort and support of many amazing individuals.
We are a nonprofit convention run by The Future Society of Central Oklahoma, a 501(c)3 public charity.
Benefits of Volunteering
All volunteers who work at least 8 hours receive the following as a thank you:
- Special Color SoonerCon T-Shirt (Volunteer application must be received before May 7th to ensure availability in your size)
- Free Membership for this Year’s Convention
- Access to the Green Room for Snacks and Meals
- A Sense of Accomplishment for Helping Make Awesome Things Happen
Volunteer Application Process
- Fill out the form below. If you have worked in an area of the convention before or with a specific convention committee member, please include that info where requested.
- After a couple of days you will receive an email from Verified First with instructions on how to complete your background check. Got questions about the background check? Check out the Volunteer Screening FAQ below.
- Once we are notified that the background check is complete, we will email a link to our volunteer management system. Follow the email instructions to select the shifts you are interested in working.
- Attend one of the volunteer training meetings before the convention. We will email a list of available dates and times where we will offer the training after you have signed up for your shifts.
- Come to SoonerCon and help us make awesome things happen in Oklahoma!
Volunteering with SoonerCon is a great way to meet fandom friends and pros and help out the community. We value the positive experience of all SoonerCon participants, and this includes maintaining the safety and security of attendees, guests, vendors, and our volunteers. For this reason, we require that volunteer applicants complete a background screening prior to volunteering at SoonerCon. Please take a minute to review our Volunteer Screening Policy and FAQ. For questions, fill out the form above or email us.